welcome all. It’s me, Jessica Collins, your Austin Daily host – back in your inbox with all the most important things happening locally. In today’s issue, you’ll find news about these stories and more:
- stay alert Storms are heading to the Metroplex today!
- Meta decides against City office expansion.
- New Austin trip Alert (you should continue reading to get the full scoop)
- comedy shows, Longhorn football giftGrand prizes that will reach the city and more
But first, today’s weather:
severe thunderstorm; moist. High: 82 Low: 51.
🏡 Attention, Austin real estate professionals! We now offer an exclusive sponsorship opportunity for an agent interested in attracting local customers and standing out from the competition. Click here to find out more.
Here are the top stories of the day in Austin:
1) Severe storms are expected in the greater Austin area this evening. Neighbors, please keep your eyes and ears peeled for weather updates. Heavy rain, damaging winds, tornadoes, and hail are all possible. Stay out of the roads if you can. Head over to KXAN for the full weather report.
2) Friday’s events at the Austin Food and Wine Festival have been canceled due to the upcoming storm. statesman Reports: “The statesman Contains the full scoop.It was scheduled to open with a new look Friday night, with a sausage-centric event called Wurst Weekend Kickoff for people with what the festival calls “All-In” tickets. Affected ticket holders will receive an email from Front Gate Tickets, affected ticket holders will receive an email The festival will be back again on Saturday at 1 p.m.
3) Meta, the parent company of Head over to KVUE for the full scoop.During Meta’s 3rd Quarter Earnings Going forward, CEO Mark Zuckerberg said the company plans to shrink its office through 2023 after falling behind in revenue and due to instability in the economy.
4) Required:KXAN has more on this evolving story.APD has an arrest warrant for first-degree murder for Ja Vaughn Katrell Clarke, the alleged suspect in connection with the shooting. Anyone with information or video of the incident should contact APD Homicide at 512-974-TIPS.
5) New Flight Alert: American Airlines has added a seasonal flight from Austin Bergstrom Airport to Panama City Beach, Florida! The new route will begin in the spring of 2023, so you have time to pack your beach bags, neighbors. CBS Austin has the full scoop on this ad.
Today in Austin:
- Community Cinema offers: Top Gun: Maverick In the community first! village. (6:30 pm
- Lee Fields, Lucius, Shamir in Emo. (7 pm
- Fawzia in the parish. (7 pm
- Ed Maverick At Empire Garage. (7 pm
- Wine rack soundtrack featuring Angelica Rahe in Pershing Hall. (7 pm
- (comedy show) grilled battle In the Vulcan Gas Company. (7:30 PM
- Joe Hertler and The Rainbow Seekers with Próxima Parada In the Empire Control Room. (7:30 PM
- Broadway in Austin: Chicago At the Bass Concert Hall. (8 pm
- CLIFFDIVER with Ben Quad and Mint Green In Mohawk indoors. (8 pm
- Curse of the waves with ink in the Mohawk. (8 pm
- (comedy show) What’s the worst it can have: public job offer In the Vulcan Gas Company. (10 pm
- 🤠 BIG NEWS: The CMT Music Awards are coming to Austin in 2023! The Awards Show will be held and hosted at the Moody Center Austin360 via Facebook (
- The Broken Spoke app has officially become a landmark: “The Austin City Council voted in favor of the historic appointment of Broken Spoke at its November 3 meeting.” (CultureMap Austin via Facebook
- 🎟️ Warning when tickets are sold: “Don’t miss Brené Brown and Bono’s discussion of next week’s U2 memoir at Paramount Theatre. Tickets go on sale Friday.” (Austin360 via Facebook
- 🤘 The Gift of the Long Centuries: “Lucky Longhorn Weekly with Coach Sark, presented by the Texas Lottery. Don’t miss your chance to win free Texas soccer game tickets, Texas Lottery scratch tickets, signed hat, and more! Enter now @bit.ly/LuckHappens2022” (Texas Longhorns via Facebook
More Sponsors – Thanks for supporting local news!
You’re now in the loop and ready to start on Friday! I’ll see you around.
– Jessica Collins
About me: Jessica has been happy to call Austin her home over 10 years ago. She loves the outdoors, the arts, cinema, dining, and all the natural beauty that Central Texas has to offer.
#Weather #Warnings #Murder #Wanted #Longhorn #Gift