November 7, 2022 | 12:00 am
Manila, Philippines – The Pilmico International Pte. Ltd., the international food company of the Aboitiz Group, is setting up new facilities in feed mills in China and Vietnam next year to solidify its vision to become one of the leading integrated regional food and agribusiness companies in Asia.
In a briefing over the weekend, Belmeco Foods and Gold Queen Group President Tristan Abbottiz said the group is setting up new feed plants in Yunnan, China, and Long An, Vietnam, which are scheduled to be completed by 2023.
“It is important that we continue to strengthen our presence in the markets we are in. We look forward to doing this through capacity expansions in China and Vietnam, which should be available online in the last quarter of 2023,” he said.
Each of the livestock feed mill facility will have an additional capacity of 30 tons per hour (TPH), and is due for completion in September 2023 for Vietnam and in December 2023 for China, based on company filings.
Belmeco International’s Gold Coin Group currently has four operating livestock feed factories in China – one in Kunming in Yunnan Province, in Zhangzhou in Fujian Province, in Zhuhai and in Dongguan in Guangdong Province.
In Vietnam, it has three operating livestock factories located in Hai Duong and Ha Nam in North Vietnam and in Dong Nai in South Vietnam.
In September, GCMH exited Sri Lanka by selling its 100 per cent stake in Gold Coin Food Mills (Lanka) Limited (GCFL) to Glen Arbor Holdings (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
The company said the divestment, which is expected to be completed by the end of the year, is in line with Aboitiz Group’s direction to grow its animal feed business in other parts of the Southeast Asian markets and China.
The gold coin group said it is pursuing fast-growing sectors such as aqua feed and attractive geographies where it has a captive market and competitiveness.
“In the field of regional feed, we are constantly improving and enhancing the values of our products, which cater to a wide range of livestock, such as poultry, pigs, ducks, aqua, rabbits, game birds and pet food. It is important that we continue to strengthen our presence in the markets in which we are located.”
Apart from establishing feed mills, Pilmico is also investing and expanding its research and development in the coming year.
“It is equally important that we ensure that customer value is added through our products and services and we give this an extra level of focus in the group in 2022 by expanding our R&D capabilities across the region. We believe this will be a growth area in 2023,” said Abu Al Mowatin. .
Gold Coin Group owns two research facilities located in China and Malaysia.
Aboitiz Food Group began its international expansion in 2014 with Pilmico International’s initial acquisition of a 70 percent stake in Pilmico Vietnam Co. Ltd. (PVN), one of the largest aquatic feed producers in Vietnam.
Pilmico International acquired an additional 15 percent equity in 2017, and the remaining 15 percent in 2019, making PVN a wholly owned subsidiary of Pilmico International.
The company said the investment in PVN has allowed the food group to gain a foothold in the Vietnamese hydroponic forage business, while at the same time expanding its reach to other aquaculture customers.
Meanwhile, the food group eventually gained a broader foothold in ASEAN+China with its 75 percent acquisition of Gold Coin Management Holdings Pte. Ltd. (GCMH) and its remaining 25 per cent stake in May 2019.
GCMH is the parent company of the Gold Coin Group and one of the largest multinational agribusiness companies in Asia with subsidiaries operating in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Pakistan, Brunei, Philippines, Hong Kong and China.
To date, it now has more than 21 livestock and aquatic feed mills in seven countries in the Asia Pacific region with an installed milling capacity of three million metric tons per year.
Aboitiz Group is currently the 4th largest animal feed producer in Southeast Asia based on internal market data on the capabilities of the major market players.
#Belmeco #building #mill #facilities #China #Vietnam