In Disney Dreamlight Valley, you can feed the animals and unlock them as companions. However, you have to follow some rules and know your favorite food as well. In this guide, we’ll show you how to recruit baby animals and their favorite foods.
So you can feed the animals
In the game, there are two different types of animals for each biome every day. This includes squirrels, rabbits, birds, and many other small animals. You can feed these animals every 24 hours. Approach them and press the button that appears.
You can then choose an item to feed it and if the animal likes it, you will get rewards in the form of different items. There are also many achievements for feeding animals in the Dreamlight menu.
Unlock the little animals as companions
To unlock an animal as your companion, you must have successfully fed it two food items that you love. There are total 41 small animals, and you can also view them in the collection list. Here you can see all the species in which the biome occurs and whether they are currently active (timeline).
Unbelieving companions are included in the list. To “equip” the animals, all you have to do is open your wardrobe and choose the right little animal from the accompanying list. From now on, it will always be by your side across the game world. Of course, you can also deselect companions in the same way.
Favorite food of all animals
Since you can only feed each animal once a day, you naturally want to choose the food that it likes. Therefore, below we list the favorite food of each type. We also give you tips on how to approach each little animal so you can feed it.
- Location: sunny plain
- Food: flowers
- Favorite food: Each type prefers a different flower (see next point)
- Variants: Golden Sunbird (Sunflower / Iridescent Beach), Orchid Sunbird (Orange Houseleek / Sunny Plains), Red Sunbird (Red Bromeliad / Sunny Plains), Emerald Sunbird (Green Passion Lily / Icy Heights), Turquoise Sunbird (Pink Houseleek / Sunny Plains) )
- Approach: Sunbirds fly very quickly over the sunny plains. But you can pick them up and feed them relatively easily.
- Location: the main square
- Food: fruits and nuts
- Favorite Food: Peanuts (Vendor Remy)
- Variants: gray squirrel, classic squirrel, red squirrel, black squirrel, white squirrel
- Approach: You can easily approach the squirrels and feed them without any problems.
- Location: Glade of Trust
- Food: oysters
- Favorite food: lobsters (Catchable at waterholes in Glade of Trust)
- Variants: blue alligator, golden alligator, classic alligator, pink alligator, red alligator, white alligator
- Method: Do not approach crocodiles unless you are looking down. Lift your head, stand still, and don’t move until they are looking down. So you slowly approach and you can finally feed them.
- Location: peaceful meadow
- Food: vegetables
- Favorite food: Carrots (sold at an underground stall in peaceful lawns)
- Variants: brown rabbit, classic rabbit, multicolored rabbit, black rabbit, white rabbit
- Approach: Rabbits are very agile and upon first encounter, they will jump up and down in front of you and then quickly jump away. Just run after them until they stop, then you can approach them and feed them.
- Location: Forgotten Land
- Diet: Not yet known
- Favorite food: Still unknown
- Variants: blue raven, brown raven, classic raven, red raven, white raven
- Approach: still unknown
- Location: sparkling beach
- Food: oysters and seaweed
- Favorite food: seaweed (it grows in all areas except the main field)
- Variants: brown sea turtle, classic sea turtle, purple sea turtle, black sea turtle, white sea turtle
- Approach: When you approach baby turtles, they will initially withdraw into their shell out of fear. Then wait a bit and don’t move. After a few seconds, they will feel safe again and you can feed them.
- Location: Ise Highlands
- Food: fish
- Favorite food: white sturgeon (plucked in watering holes in the freezer)
- Variants: blue fox, classic fox, red fox, black fox, white fox,
- Approach: Foxes behave similarly to rabbits and will run away from you at first. Follow them so you can finally feed them.
- Location: Valor Forest
- Food: fruits
- Favorite food: blueberries (grow in the sparkling beach and valor forest)
- Variants: blue raccoon, classic raccoon, red raccoon, black raccoon, white raccoon
- Approach: Raccoons are very shy and look like crocodiles, you have to approach them slowly step by step and stop in between if they look around excitedly.
#Disney #Dreamlight #Valley #Feed #unlock #baby #animals #companions #favorite #food